Saturday, November 08, 2003

I do not like John Kerry. Not only because he has such a bad record against Palestinians and Arabs, and not only because he has the audacity of speaking out against the war now after voting for the authorization to go to war, and not only because he is--like Clinton before him--championing the "middle class"--read white Middle Class--and does not say a word about the poor, but his personality bothers me. He acts so earnest, and feigns sincerity. He reminds me of the Red Cross Protestant rich kids that went to my high school, and that I enjoyed mocking. You know: the ones who think that they are better for humanity because they took a trip for a whole week to India nad and had their picture taken with..you know who (the Mother of all Miracles). These are the ones who would admonish you if you do not throw the Pepsi can in the recylcling bin. No wonder I make a point of not recycling (I am just kidding her). Oh, and I feel that people like him always get their punishment: they tend to be born with the charisma of a tomato.

I am really mad about the exploitation of the sotry of Jessica Lynch. She is a victim many times over: she was a victim of those Saddam's thugs who raped her; a victim of the Pentagon's exploitation of her ordeal and the invention of stuff that did not happen; a victim of the sleazy Iraqi lawyer who made up a story to make money out of his fake rescue of her; and now a victim of the sensational media. She has been brave in criticizing the exploitation of her story.